Thermal links/resistor assemblies (Caution)
The following describes the cautions for using thermal links/ resistor assemblies. If these cautions are not strictly observed, thermal links/ resistor assemblies may function at temperatures lower than the functioning temperature shown in the catalog, or they may not function at all even though they exceed the functioning temperature indicated in the catalog. Problems resulting from improper use of thermal links/ resistor assemblies are the responsibility of the user, and not of Uchihashi Estec.
- The electrical and thermal ratings of thermal links / resistor assemblies are prescribed. Use them within the rating’s ranges.
- Install thermal links/ resistor assemblies in the way that body temperature of the thermal links/ resistor assemblies do not exceed 90℃continuously.
- Do not apply thermal links/ resistor assemblies in special conditions, which exceed the environment of ordinary electrical equipment such as consumer electronics and electronic office equipment. For example, the application in water or liquids, in organic solvent, in environment of corrosive gas (mainly sulfurous acid gas and nitrogen oxide gas), in high or low pressure, or in high humidity shall be prohibited. Under these conditions, thermal links/ resistor assemblies may function at temperatures lower than the functioning temperature or may not function even though they exceed the functioning temperatures, because of the hermetic damage with the deteriorated epoxy resin of the built-in thermal links.
- Thermal links/ resistor assemblies are developed with the assumption to be applied in ordinary electrical equipment such as consumer electronics and electronic office equipment. Do not apply them in aeronautical equipment, life-support equipment for medical use, devices used for engine control in transportation equipment or in nuclear power products.
- Select the thermal links/ resistor assemblies suitable for the application as well as the mounting places and methods in order to have the properly function. Select them for each application and carry own evaluation to confirm the selections. The evaluation should include the final product evaluation as well as the thermal links/ resistor assemblies evaluation under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Thermal links/ resistor assemblies are developed as the devices to control the inrush current in the switching power supplies. Do not design them to carry any current except the inrush current.
* For further details, please consult with the representative of Uchihashi Estec Co.,Ltd.