ELCUT THERMOPROTECTOR WITH RESISTOR EC INSTRUCTION MANUAL
This instruction includes EC-***W (hereinafter called EC).
2. Cautions to be observed when designing for use of EC
(1) Do not install EC where it may be subjected to severe or continuous vibration.
(2) For sealing-in with impregnating fluids or use of cleaning solvents, investigation (trial tests) with prototypes and initial products is required to ensure that intended sealing or cleaning does not affect marking and function of the EC for each individual application.
3. Cautions to be observed when installing EC
(1) When bending terminal, hold between EC body and bend, and bend slowly. Do not bend terminal within 3mm from body. Never bend terminal when EC is hot from soldering.
4. Soldering and Welding cautions
(1) After soldering, wait at least 60 sec. before resoldering, taping, securing or repositioning the EC.
(2) On final positioning of EC, after soldering, do not place stress (push or pull or twisting) on leads at entrance to EC body.
(3) Keep lead length as long as possible.
(4) For solder temperature of 350℃ with thermal links-terminal soldering at 10mm, the reference maximum soldering time is 3 sec.
(5) The sealant of EC becomes soft with high
temperature. When EC body is warm from soldering, never pull, push or twist terminal.
5. Repair and replacement
(1) EC is not repairable. EC small in size and not intended to be replaced.
(2) Replacement of EC is not recommended, because, insulation characteristics and other safety characteristics of the equipment may have been affected by the excessive heat. Replacement of functioned EC must be made by the customer’s risk ensuring following conditions.
(a) Replace with the same manufacturer’s same thermoprotector with resistor having the same
(b) Install the EC in exactly the same way.
(c) The cause/reason of the EC function is cleared completely.
(d) Insulation characteristics and other safety characteristics of the equipment are not decreased.
6. Resistance to tracking and further information.
Proof tracking index is 250.
7. Interrupting current (Ib)
1.5 times rated current
8. Transient overload current (Ip)
15 times rated current
9. Please study ELCUT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THERMOPROTECTOR WITH RESISTOR EC SERIES for details.
Uchihashi Estec Co., Ltd.